Handling difficult issues
Helping concerns disappear
Whether or not your case can fairly be characterized as a high net worth divorce, special care must be taken if your marital assets include any of the following complex property concerns.
- Family business assets and interest in closely held corporations
- Partnership in a professional practice group and professional licenses
- Substantial inheritance
- Substantial transfers of assets in the period preceding divorce
- Prenuptial or postnuptial agreement terms
- Characterization of an asset as marital or separate property
- Appreciation of separate property during the marriage
- Apportionment of marital debt
My firm has extensive experience in all areas of property valuation and equitable distribution in divorces involving couples of high net worth, including.
- Asset protection
- Divorce tax issues
- Business valuation
- Pensions, IRA and 401(k) distribution
- Spousal support, maintenance issues
If you are involved in a high net worth divorce, the lawyer you hire to represent your interests will make a significant difference in protecting your financial future.